My PiGGiE is growing!!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, April 05, 2010

My favourite Sport- tAekwondo

Those who knw me well, I love Taekwondo very very much and it has been part of my life. Now, I am an assistant instructor and waiting for the right time to start my very own class.

how do i start this sport? I started since i was Standard 4. That time, Brochures were circulating around, so I took the brochure back and showed my parent. My parents thought that it will be good that if ME, a girl know how to defend myself, and for a better health. Of course, another alternative thought of them, so that i can lose weight. Owh yeah, i was very very plum, or should i say FAT? haha!

My association is World Taekwondo Association, the only association that Olympic approved. Yeah, Olympic practices WTF’s poomse (taegeuk) or patterns, and sparring according to WTF rules.

So, i started with white belt, passed all the way through.. Yellow belt (Taegeuk 1 and 2), Green Belt (Taegeuk 3 and 4), Blue belt (TAegeuk 5 and 6), and Red belt ( Taegeuk 7 and 8), Black belt (1st dan, Koryo,  2nd dan-Kyong-gang, and 3rd dan,Taebek).

I still rmbered the first day i signed up with my brother. Both of us were newbies.. we grow and pass together. =)

So, i am now in my 20s, TAekwondo has been with me for more than 10 years now.  Along the way, I met a lot of people and they have became my fighting buddies now.

About the training, it has never been easy. All the stamina build up, running, practicing kicks, the poomse… the wins and loses…

anyway, Training sessions are the sessions i enjoyed the most. If not, why would i still continue it? eventhough I am here, pursuing my degree? =)

                Image118

These are my pals that i’ve made, we’ve known each other since we’re young. =)

 

            Image121

My partners. I like sparring with them.

 

Owh, I am the eldest (seniority wise) over there, before they joined, i always have guys as my sparring opponent. =)

After getting my black belt, i start pursuing my interest as a referee. I am a STATE REFEREE too. =) I am now attending competition as a judge, and am going to pursue for NAtional Referee soon. =)

 

              Referees_group_photo_copy

this is the team of referees. =)

 

                            images

this is what we do…. =) a judge in a competition, and a person who make sure that the match is fair. =)

 

Taekwondo actually helps me to build my confidence, and my attitude. I never give up easily without trying. This attitude of mine, i build it true failures, pain, and injuries that i had during training. Besides, my stamina is never ordinary. My size is a bit plum than others, but i have a fit stamina. =)

TAekwondo builds me. This is definitely a truth. The toughness in me was built over time. =)

                               Image124

 

 

Well, you will always need this to prevent sweaty sweaty sensation. =)

                                          week6_img-1

Project Alpha Season 2 is presented by Adidas Action 3 and supported by P1 and MAS.

No comments: