My PiGGiE is growing!!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 15, 2010

Tabletting. Won’t give up…

I am finally back with blogging. I miss blogging …. seriously. Besides my busy schedule, my internet in Cheras is down. I’m back now. Home sweet home. I have a monkey with me.. sleeping beside me. okay, she doesnt snore.. haha! but it’s fun to see her sleeping. =)

We’re going out later, I think this is my first outing with this monkey of mine. hehe….

I had a seriously busy week. I try to finish my reports on that day of practical itself. Thank God, I’m done with all my reports. Tht’s why i can afford to go out tonight. =)

Last Thursday, it was the most hectic one. Class from 8am to 1230pm. lab from 2pm to 6 pm. I was seriously exhausted in the lab.. cuz we were doing tabletting and wet granulation. and we redo the wet granulation due to my mistake. Groupmates, I’m really sorry….

so, i took some of the process of wet granulation, share with you guys. =)

 

                                Image253

I was incorporating the starch paste into the mixture of lactose and starch. TO disperse it uniformly so that we can sieve it to form small granules.

 

Image257 Image258

so, we pressed the lumps of “cake” onto the sieve to form smaler granules/ Aeris and MinYin pressing. Tricia… erm.. Shutterbug!! haha!!

 

                     Image259

this is the granules. hehe.. then it is being sent to the oven to dry it for 30minutes. (this waiting time is hectic)

 

Meanwhile, we prepared the ingredients to punch Paracetamol tablets.

Image260 Image262

Spreading the granules on the plane. sent to oven after that.

 

                      Image265

Dried granules.

 

after that, it will be added with other excipients for tabletting.

                                 Image273

this is the single machine punch, 2oomg of ascorbic acid tablets are produced. We need 300 tabs for ascorbic acid. =)

so, it was quite fun to see our granules actually became tablets.

 

                 Image269

our failed QC test tablets. =) cool right??

 

 

                     Image270

I’m proud of my PCM tabs!!! hahahaha!!!

 

                   Image271

Packed PCM, to pass up in my report!! =)

 

                               Image275

this is the rotary tablet press!! got 17 stations, which will ounch 17 tabs at one time.. an old machine though! =)

so, basically, i’ve did tabletting that day… and i was so exhausted!!! Thanks to Angeline for the short cut ride home!! =)

Wanted to sleep after lab, but i couldnt. So, i did my reports yesterday. 2 reports in one night. AWESOME!

and.. the drawback is.. LAck of sleep.

 

Today, felt reluctant to wake up, but i woke up on time as i forgot to switch off the lights… (ter-slept while studying Herbal Medicine).

Sleepy….

                             Image279

I see brains everyday now… CNS, Practical, and even Drug Abuse!!!!

 

                           Image264

I’m still looking at the bright side despite my busy-ness. Won’t give up anytime= )

I’m tired. gotto rest and study a while before i go out again. =)

 

P.S : Internet was down.. blogs, i miss you.

No comments: