My PiGGiE is growing!!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 26, 2012

Sabah bah, anu… Tawau!

 

Life in sabah.

I arrive in KK (Kota Kinabalu) on 19th october.

looking back, its already been a month. Yes, I left with a teary night the day before.

but I come with a strong heart, a strong faith, and a strong desperation to fulfill God’s will. Totally open heart, no more reluctancy. =)

Well, never regretted my choice to Sabah.

No one knows my story to sabah huh?

Alright, let me share my story.

 

well, all the while I know I wont stay in Peninsula. I wanted a change of environment. but I had always imagined myself working in peninsula’s hospital. =)

Ever since the compulsory service was 1+3, I had always wanted to work far.

Mmm… I took a year gap to work in Singapore, that is why you see me mingling around with those younger than me. but, my mind is mature. haha.

 

When I was about to fill in the SPA application form, owh well.. as usual, human always doubted their choice. I doubted.

God has already told me that Sabah is the place for me.

That day, I was in dilemma… it was during study break, and I reconsidered my choice. So, I prayed to God. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed. –> No answer.

the next day.. I prayed and prayed and prayed. –> still no answer.

For the whole week I have been praying… –> no answer.

SO! that night, I was meeting up Jessie who was coming to pick me up from IMU for dinner. I still rmbered, I prayed again in Angkasa condo while waiting for her. I shouted to God, PLEASE GRANt ME A PLACe WHERE I CAN CHALLENGE MYSELF, SERVE tHE COMMUNITY THERE, AND LIVE A HAPPY LIFE, as WELL AS A CHANGE OF ENVIRONMENT THAT I WILL LOVE! that time, I was harsh, I shouted to God, Yelled to Him. I sort of forced Him to give me any indications, signs, or words, vision to me because I WAS GONNA GO FOR THE INTERVIEW AND FILL IN MY CHOICES!

 

Miraculously…..

 

the next day. This indian came. owh ya, he is my current housemate, GAnesh the siss---ie. hahaha!

I have never spoken to him since forever cuz we are busy and we were in different clerkship and pbl group. argh. That day, I dunno what knocked his head, he suddenly came and sat beside me and said wanna have sister talk. so, he told me….

“Kuen, I dunno la… about posting. but I wanna go sabah, to serve the people there, to live a new life, be happy, and a change of environment….  but I doubted… I am scared.. what if I am being sent to pedalaman? ulu area where I need to kayuh sampan there?”

You know what was my reaction…? I praise the Lord.. cuz GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS THROUGH GANESH!

 

owh gosh….

I told Ganesh..

“you know what? I think I will definitely go sabah. God sent you to speak to me today. and I will go sabah. so, lets go together lah!”  (we don’t speak “bah” like how we speak now because we dunno how to use bah that time.")

 

In the end, I have decided to put Sabah as my first choice. =)

 

Life after final exam. I was so… reluctant. knowing that I have only a few months left in peninsula, I really lived my days to the fullest! every week is an exciting week for me! =)

I received my first letter on a weekday. Second letter on a saturday somewhere in july. Third letter on a weekday (delayed) in LC pharmacy somewhere around 12th october.

I lagi reluctant to leave, when the posting shows…

“anda ditempatkan di Sabah”

T_T

 

WALAO… God’s will.

 

So, my last week in peninsula was… horrible. I cried almost every night. I was so reluctant to leave but I am glad I got my first choice.

I spent my last week mostly with my friends. Almost every night I have farewell dinner, farewell lunch. busy with packing summore.

I spent my week with all my loves. I was so reluctant to leave them. Rachel, Daniel, Fifi, Sher, Linda, TIm, Chee Liang, my church mates, my CG mates, Yin Yin, Por Vin, etc etc etc!

The very last night, it was Thursday night, 18 october. An emotional night.

HAd a farewell with almost all of my CG mates. I was so so so touched by them. collected a bunch of gifts, and gifts, blessings, prayers.

owh, that day I insisted to fetch Shereen from home. just me and her alone. She actually rejected so many times and insist that she wants another one to follow along. She is scared that she will cry. So, the week before the farewell, we didn’t talk at all. and I guess she was practically trying to accept and be happy that I got sabah. She assured me that… she wont cry on the last day.

 

So, I sent her back after the dinner. we talked. I received lots of calls, ,messages, that made me cry.

we talked in the car. it was raining heavily outside. She passed me the gift and tells me lots of words of blessing and wisdom.

I couldn’t hold back my tear. I forgot how and why we hugged each other,but it just happened. How can I not give the warmest hug to someone who is so important in my life? I love her like my own biological sister, practically takes care of her.. (did i?) haha.

When I hugged her, She cried.

still remembered clearly that she said “Gosh, you are making me cry…”

we hugged each other and cry. Because, I am so reluctant to leave… I will miss her a lot.. a lot… a lot….

 

And my parents…. I think my dad kinda unhappy because I have farewell almost every night before I leave. haha.  but… he understands. Well, I have lots of good friends. ^^

 

So, I came to Sabah. Arrived on 19. CAme to Tawau on 20th.

The most important person during this process is Alice. Without her, things wouldn’t have progressed well. I guess God sends me angel almost everytime when I need help. Alice… Thanks!

It is true that in Tawau, everyone knows everyone. =)

 

When I came, I stayed in Jee Yang’s house, a friend a.k.a senior of mine. Together with his girl friend, Ling Wei. So, they are practically our “parents'” there. haha. They took care of us well and make sure we are well fed. =)

First weekend, I almost died of heat stroke. Anyhow, I get to meet great friends from CAlvary Church. Carmen, my colleague a.k.a my cell member introduced me to her cell group. =)

I had my first meal with friends in tawau on that fine Sunday. =) I met great people.

 

Mmm.. back to the question on how do we get to stay in a comfortable place?

IT was like that. I was so frustrated back in peninsula before I went to Tawau. A place to live. YES! I don’t have a place to live.

so, I googled about place to live, nearest to hospital and I got Kuhara Court.  I told Ganesh about it and he went and look for an agent for units available. He managed to get one after a few phone calls.

He and his parents looked at the unit. Guarded area, with pool, gym… and its near to hospital. fully furnished.

there were a few more choices, a datuk’s house, corner lot. big, very big, and like a mansion. haha.

So, on the weekend we arrived, we looked at our choice of houses. After consideration, we all agreed to get the unit in Kuhara Court instead even though the price is abit high. To us, as long as we find a unit where we are comfortable with and feels like home.

After settled the deposit and all, we moved in on Monday night after work. Thanks to JY and LW again for helping us shift our stuff.

so, me, HC, and Ganesh moved in as a family. =)

 

Guess how God worked in helping me find this place?

everyone was surprised that we can find a place in kuhara court as it is a “hot spot” where everyone is looking for. Some waited for years just to find a unit in this place. Well, I don’t know how we got it but we just did. Praise the Lord!

Next, the most important thing to me is to find a church to plant myself in.

First weekend, I went to Calvary church.

Second week, I went to Anglican Church, I was shocked. I will spare the details because I am from a charismatic background, and English background.

In calvary, everything is bilingual.

Anglican, service is in English, but I was shocked by the culture there. Met aunty Angela and Uncle Federick. They are awesome people.

but I felt that ANglican church is….. not for me cuz I don’t feel comfortable. I think things will be different if I grow in Anglican Church, but I am not.

So, third week, I went back to Calvary. It was awesome.

There is still an unfinished mission in me, to fine HC a church where she felt belonged. MEthodist church.

Praise the Lord, she found her church on the 4th week itself. =) I am so happy for her. =)

 

As for me, I always had this calling when I first accepted Christ. The vision of leading Praise and Worship session in church. haha.. maybe it was just my imagination.

but….. I was asked to join P/W ministry while I was in FGA but I didn’t wanna commit cuz I know I am leaving KL soon.

 

God has been faithful to me always, HE kept the chance for me. He kept this opportunity for me.

The 3rd week I am in Tawau, I am being recruited into P/W team in Calvary Church. Praise the Lord. Seriously… God saved a chance for me to serve Him. Now I am praying that my talent will grow.

God has never forgotten why He sent me to Sabah, Yes, missions. I got missions to accomplished and Visions has been given by HIM. I am still praying that Lord will open up doors for me to fulfill His will! I will do His will, surrender all to Him, I just need Him to command me in His timing. =)

 

I have been blessed abundantly in Tawau. Everything falls into place and I feel peace when I knw I get Tawau instead of other places.

I am happy here. very happy. =)

 

I can’t be writing all miracles that God has done in my life in Tawau because its too much. =) too many… haha. Every single day, God is always there in my life, good or bad.

Its so overwhelming to know that God has been working so tremendously in my life. ^^

 

Another aspect is, my parents. Praise The Lord that He sent me to Sabah. For a reason..  definitely! and one thing I found is… my relationship with my parents became closer. =) very much closer.

I guess God will take care of the residues that I left when He commands me to GO. He has everything well planned for me over here. I am not worries, and I am not afraid. ^^

I am here to do greater things, in this city. yes, Greater things.  Still have the vision in my mind and I was told to go step by step.

I am sure God is preparing me for something greater. Now, I find it reasonable why I was persecuted as the only Christian in my family, and why I have to go through all that has happened.  God has indeed planted strong faith in me. Through what that has happened, He sent me here with strong and growing faith. God, You are awesome! God wants me to be a living testimony to those beside me. Take care of them and care for them. God is answering my prayers on loving people unconditionally.

I am not sure why He puts me in the P/W team. Well, the purpose will be revealed later on. Definitely. =)

 

Till now, God has placed me in the midst of great people. Colleagues, friends. I got really blessed by this. I think God wants me to do something great and that’s why He placed me with nice people, so that I wont get in trouble while fulfilling His mission in me. =)

 

Sabah has been treating me great because God has been doing so. =)

No comments: