My PiGGiE is growing!!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 03, 2012

My testimony.

Post-YA workshop.

Result: my passionate, ever burning fire, can burn down a forest! haha.

I am very much recharged after a tiring weekend, but yet, contented!

I accepted Christ at the year of 2009. Well, it was a wonderful journey ever since. because, I have learnt a lot from it.

Yes, All christians will be persecuted, including me of course. I have faced different things in the past. Yet, I think the most important thing I have learnt in along the journey of living for Christ is to learn how to share, and to learn how to give thanks and be contented, not forgetting, be an obedient servant.

Many people get the concept of Christianity wrong. They thought it’s a religion, they thought Christian is praying to some western God. They thought, being Christian means he/she will talks a lot of Christ/jesus (in hokkien).

owh well, I’ve been a non believer, transformed to a believer. I can’t blame non-believers to have these kind of thinking because I was once like them. Until the day that God has spoken to me and helped me miraculously without me expecting it will happen. It is in your hard times that God will show his power, his strength, His grace, and mercy.

For me, my story was sort of accumulative, and I didn’t know the answer of a lot of “WHYs” until I think I am ready to accept the truth in my 2nd uni year.

I was a non-believer, who doesn’t have passion in my religion, and don’t really understand what a religion is. I did not have the passion in the things that I do,for eg like praying, chanting. etc etc.. to me, its just a routine, and must-do thing during festive season, or certain ceremony. So, I was the girl who never understood the meaning behind all these.

Since young, I was brought up in a positive way. I just don’t know why I always give the assurance to my friends that I am reliable, accountable, and trusted. yes, I choose who to be close with.  Only worthy ones. haha. So, I love instilling positive energy to people, and I read a lot on psychology counselling, and self improvement materials, as well as some fictions, and some non fictions.

So, I start giving quotes to people who come to me with problems. Imagine, as a teenager, I was quite rebellious, kinda 2 faced, but I do have good friends who really treasured me.

so, more quotes are delivered, just to keep people lifted up when they are in the midst of down-ness.

That is me. A girl who rather keep everything to herself, keep the bad ones to herself, and give the good ones to others. I am still the girl, now and then.

 

I didn’t really know about Christianity back then in secondary school. All I understood about Christianity was.. Church. that’s all. and .. the image of Jesus. I don’t really understand and don’t really give a damn to what Christians do in church or what are their geez of the religion. Why? because… to me, religion wasn’t an important element in my life back then. More over, I don’t give a damn to any religions, and I don’t even have passion in my religion as I was born as a chinese “buddhist”/ “Taoist.”

Can’t blame my family for it because my parents are still the best people on earth because they both has raised me and my brother very well. One a researcher-to-be, one a pharmacist who’s gonna serve the community. Parents are proud of us, and I am proud of my parents too.

So, the quotes were still being delivered to whom that needs it. I had a very positive thinking, hardly a pessimist, because it feels really good to give a happy energy, and a positive environment to people who needs it.

Until a day, somehow, I just dunno why I get to flip a bible, a few years ago.

The quotes that I gave, MOST OF IT ARE DERIVED FROM BIBLE! Must be the Holy Spirit who convicted me when I think back. But I was still young, and I chose to be in denial, because I was quite comfortable with my life, a student, have nothing to be worried about, can afford to do whatever I want, can afford to be rebellious… bla bla bla.

So, it keeps on going until I was in 2nd uni year. Music was where I started to know about God.

Kim Walker once said : “ these words/songs without the love of god, and love to God are just noices, sounds…”

yes, she is right. I am a music lover who can’t live without beats. Was, and still am.

so, I listen to Worship songs as a song itself. and most of the time I didn’t sing along because I didn’t feel comfortable in saying the word “jesus”. It feels like a betrayal to your own original religion.

Some things happen, and Shereen was sent into my life, as well as Joshua. the people that impacted my uni life the most. So, I think Shereen got the right approach, and both of us have similar interest, in songs and topics and we got click and became clique in the shortest period! It all started in sharing musics. yea, I love music, always download songs and albums, and we always exchange songs and albums on MSN messenger at night after class. yea, it has been a routine for us to be on MSN to chat and to discuss about studies. FB wasn’t popular back then.

Yeap, she started sharing gospel music to me. Which it wasn’t a NEw-inn-thing for me as I have already listened to it way before she sends it to me.

The exchanging continues. My playlist was a rojak list from malay songs—> songs of all nation. hahah!

Guess she sensed that I am open minded. She took a first step to ajak me to Friends night.

I had fun.

before the event, I had a feeling about knowing more about Jesus, but didn’t made the initiative and ways to know about Him. So, I leave the intention abandoned.

and poof, <Friend’s Night> came! Had fun, and know slightly about JEsus.

and from there, I flashed back about the quotes that I have once delivered. It appears, again, in the sermon.

I was amazed, truly. but I still keep this aside as I go back to my studies.

So, along the way, I had some difficulties that I didn’t know who to turn to, so.. I thought, “why not I try GOD??”  didn’t know about “Amen” but just made a simple prayer, and… the problem solved not long after that.

yeah, coincidence was what I thought.

Life goes on right?  so, I continue living, studying, until one Easter. I was invited again for an Easter play.

Believe it or not, I was touched by God and the movie “Passion of Christ” that I have watched when I was in secondary school all made sense! and my mind opens up, and it feels like your info got unblocked immediately! That night, I cried silently because God touched me in the most Gentle way. A feeling that I had never had in my whole life.

With Shereen’s accompany, I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal lord and saviour.

Well, of course, follow up is important after the acceptance.

Honestly, I have the feeling of “is this real?? gosh, how it happened??” it was so strong in me,until I am in a situation that I am stucked in the middle, a dilemma. “To proceed, or not to proceed”.

I started to learn how to pray. Somehow, peace is always in my heart ever since.

 

Yeah, from a non-believer to a believer. I bet all of you expect “things” to happen, right?

it wasn’t easy for me, because me and my family practically had a “World war 4” that time.

 

urgh, my world war 4 didn’t really turn out well. I got condemn, threatened, and every weekend is just a suffering for me because of my non existence in my existence. 

However, God always speak to me about “Standing Firm, and trust in Him.”

 

The story of World War 4 :

When my parents know I attend church, they were so angry that they scolded me and humiliate me and christians. I was being condemned by them, and that day was a Sunday and the scolding practically last around 1 hour plus. cuz I was in the car, feeling heartbroken, on my way back to Uni hostel. I cried and cried and cried.

Yes, I cried the whole night. I couldn’t take it anymore. I text one of my friends in Singapore who sort of understood what I go through. PS: she doesn’t really know that I have accepted Christ. Immediately, I received her call from Singapore.

the first thing she ask.. “are you ok?”

I was silent. I just cried and cried and cried.. for 1.5 hours.

She was there on the phone, listening to me, not talking, but crying, sobbing my heart out.

after sobbing for 1.5 hours. she started talking… asked me to take out my bible, she read to me.

1 Peter 2:7-9

Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”[a]

8 and,

“A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.”[b]

They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession,that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Immediately, after she prayed this verse for me, I felt that the stone of my heart just… DROPPED! it was joy that fills me in, forgiveness, love, and peace.

I had never felt this way before, and God has healed my broken heart. It was a sign that He is faithful and He is always there for me.

I praise the Lord.

The phone call lasted for around 3 hours in total. it was a prayer phone call.

I still remember the verse clearly. very clearly. =)

So, I went to class with my eyes swollen on monday cuz I cried till around 2am.

yeap, 2 person noticed. Aeris and Shereen.

of course I didn’t share to them on that day because my heart is so fragile that I cried during lectures. it was so suffering back then.

I was threatened, I was ignored. I was pushed aside.

but God said.. “Be a child to them, love them. Its ok. Stand firm”

So, I started to know God, study His words, and know His kingdom. =)

God has never failed in showing His faithfulness to me. As time goes by, knowing God has transformed me into a better person. =)

Week after week, condemns after condemns, disagreements after disagreements, all I can say is… Obedience is the important key. When God asks you to do something, do! of course He will still give you a second chance, but… Take it up and expect miracles! because God has His own way to prepare you for greater things. =)

and! for those Christians whom your parents don’t really approve your religion, don’t be despair. Be faithful and you will see wonderful things happening in your life!! =)

Just like me, my life is a testimony, and I am still writing the testimony.

one thing I can notice in my parents is.. they start to slowly accept me and my faith. Not 100%, maybe 20%? but its an improvement. =)

Because, once Jesus is in you, you will change. and you will honour your parents more than ever. yes, one of the 10 Commandments,honour your parents and love them. =)

I have been through thicks and thins. but life is so much more than that, because.. If Jesus had died on the cross to wash away our sins, what shall we fear? He died for us, and we have salvation, grace, and His glory.

Challenges has become an opportunity for me to learn. Prayers has become a part of my life. Praise and worship is one of the must-do in my daily routine.

 

I give thanks to Him in all circumstances. ALL. because I know there is a reason for all that had happened.

1 Peter 2:7-9

The verse than changed my life.

 

 

A wise lady always tell and remind. “do not cause disharmony in your family, honour your parents, obey them.”

 

I pray, that they will see my transformation and see the presence of God in me. God is my precious, my parents are my precious too. =)

 

My spiritual life has grown even stronger now.

 

I got so many miracles to share. well, I guess I will post it in my next post. =)

 

Lastly, I wanna give the glory to God who sent Shereen into my life. Knowing her has been the most wonderful gift ever, and God has made our bonds stronger and stronger each day that eventhough I am far away, she is always in my heart, my thoughts, my prayers. It was her, who showered my seed of faith that was planted long long time ago. It was her… It was her…

No comments: